Part time and Full time positions available
Provide psychiatric consultation to Lynn Community Health Center case managers, medical, and mental health and substance abuse providers as well as community providers when appropriate. Triage psychiatric inpatient admissions and assist in discharge treatment plans. Maintain patient progress notes and chart all medications. Complete all quality assurance activities for Quality Assurance Committee. Attend case conferences for assigned clients. Consult with other agencies and schools regarding the psychiatric services of the Health Center. Provide direct psychodiagnostic, psychotherapeutic treatments, psychopharmacological evaluation management, and therapy to registered clients of the Health Center.
Participate in LCHC community outreach efforts, as appropriate and as assigned. This may include serving as a health consultant for the Lynn Public Schools, local day care centers, after school program, day camps or other community related organizations; providing such services as programmatic consultation, preparation/review of health related policies and documentation or participating in health screenings, health education programs or counseling at health fairs and other similar community events.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude
- Welcome new facility staff to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide bipsychosocial clinical evaluations. Utilize DSM IV diagnoses.
- Design client- centered treatment plan with appropriate interventions.
- Provide ongoing treatment evaluation and redesign.
- Provide direct care to muliproblem patients and their families.
- Participate on interdisciplinary team.
- Collaborate with other providers involved in client care, including medical providers, social agencies, hospitals, schools, etc.
- Coordinate patient care.
- Serve as a patient advocate.
- Provide consultation.
- Provide psychopharmacological evaluation and management
- Provide client and family education.
- Identify quality problems and intervene to improve quality of care.
- Intervene in system by identifying issues, participating in policy-making, implementation or modification.
- Crisis intervention.
- Identify target populations and design treatment program.
- Seek professional continuing education to remain current in treatment practices and changes in the field.
- Provide psychotherapy to registered LCHC patients.
- Maintain required patient records.
- Participate in case conferences.
- Present cases for peer review
- Be available for consultation with other agencies.
- Assist psychiatrists at medication clinics for adult, adolescents, and child clients when appropriate.
- Administer psychotropic medication including IM injections as required for client treatment plans.
- Arrange psychiatric hospitalization as needed for severely decompensated clients.
- Assist in discharge planning for clients reentering out patient treatment.
- Represent the Behavioral Healthcare Services at weekly held medical component staff meetings when appropriate.
- Conduct professional practice and behavior according to the policies and procedures of Lynn Community Health Center for psychiatric nurse clinical specialist.
- Provider adheres to all LCHC Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training and ACES Training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- In order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergency situations, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties which differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a personal emergency plan in place to best respond to his/she job responsibilities should health center emergency arise
- The Behavioral Healthcare Services Coordinator of Psychiatric Nurses will conduct weekly supervision with all psychiatric nurses.
- Weekly supervision by the Supervising Psychiatrist who is psychiatrist of record.
- Provide weekly peer supervision with other professional staff of the Psychiatric Nursing Services.
- Graduate Degree in mental health related area.
- Licensure to practice psychiatric nursing in Massachusetts.
- Certified as a psychiatric nurse clinical specialist in Massachusetts (APRN)
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude.
- At least three (3) years experience in a community mental health setting, and at least three (3) years experience working with psychotropic medications.
- The essential job duties of this position present risk of exposure to bodily fluids and blood borne pathogens. Annual attendance at LCHC Bloodborne pathogen training is required.
- Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required.
- Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended and available at no charge at the Health Center. Declination form must be signed if Hepatitis B vaccine is declined.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID: 18-174 (Part time 20 hours); 19-032 (Full time);