Postion is part time 20 hours a week; Hours: Monday-Fridau 6:30a-3:00p *Required*
The facilities personnel will accurately and timely perform activities related to the smooth functioning of the facilities department. He/She is responsible for general maintenance, security, and cleanliness of LCHC facilities. They also perform other work as requested by Facilities Manager or Director of Operations.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude
- Welcome new facility staff to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General Maintenance/Repair work to all LCHC locations.
- Accept deliveries – i.e. - McKesson, Office Depot, U.P.S., etc.
- Prepare Bio-Hazard boxes for Stericycle monthly pick-up
- Responsible for pick up/delivery of mail, donations, vaccines, Cradles to Crayons etc.
- Respond to Code Greens and Code Blues
- Evening personnel escort staff to their vehicles
- Responsible for On Call rotation
- Responsible for emptying sharps containers when necessary and red bags nightly
- Assist with staff relocations – building of shelves, new furniture etc.
- Check emergency lights, fire extinguishers other building safety precautions – snow removal
- Attends monthly department meetings.
- Other duties deemed necessary or appropriate by Supervisor in order to ensure efficient flow of work within the health center.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training and ACES Training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- In order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergency situations, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties which differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a personal emergency plan in place to best respond to his/she job responsibilities should health center emergency arise
- High School Graduate
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude
- General Maintenance knowledge.
- Must comply with health center CORI requirements, and possess a valid and clear Mass. driver’s license.
- Possess a familiarity with community emergency contacts, such as police and fire departments as well as proper health center emergency policies and procedures.
- Must be trustworthy, dependable, and able to deal with unexpected or emergency situations in a calm, effective, and professional manner.
- Bilingual preferred.
- General maintenance and repair skills, especially in a medical environment.
- The essential job duties of this position present risk of exposure to bodily fluids and blood borne pathogens. Annual attendance at LCHC Bloodborne pathogen training is required. Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required. Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended and available at no charge at the Health Center. Declination form must be signed if Hepatitis B vaccine is declined.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID 18-030