Under supervision of Lab Supervisor-Manager performs Venipuncture, and finger sticks for LCHC patients.
- History of good attendance and positive work
- Phlebotomy training certificate or equivalent lab experience.
- Computer literate.
- Positive professional image.
- Good communication skills.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Up to date immunization and annual TB testing is required. Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center. Declination form must be signed if this vaccine is declined. The essential job duties of this position present risk of exposure to body fluids and blood borne pathogens. Annual Blood borne pathogen training is required. Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects blood from patients via Venipuncture or capillary.
- Follow lab procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Process lab reports and performs clerical tasks.
- Administer, read, and record result in EHR.
- Answer phones responding to requests from other depts.
- Prepare necessary forms for outpatients.
- Maintain office/reception/Venipuncture area.
- Customer Service:
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should a health center emergency arise.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID# 17-168