Lynn Community Health Center is a member of Community Care Cooperative (C3), an organization formed by 13 Federally Qualified FQHCs located throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. C3, a 501(c)(3) non- profit Accountable Care Organization (ACO), is taking responsibility for managing the cost and quality of health care for MassHealth enrollees. C3’s vision is transforming the health of underserved communities. As a member of C3, Lynn Community Health Center is uniquely positioned to be a true innovator in transforming care for a large Medicaid population.
Lynn Community Health Center is seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team of nurses, social workers, community health workers, providers, and pharmacists, where you will have the opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of underserved individuals and families living with complex and/ or chronic medical and behavioral conditions.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Program Coordinator, you will work closely with members of the Care Team, to support the smooth operation of the Complex Care Management Program (CCM) by conducting the below:
- Manage various letters and mailings to enrollees
- Compile and manage electronic files
- Provide inbound call back-up or triage for the Care Team
- Support admission notification for Enrollees admitted, discharged, or going into ED
- Facilitate discharge of enrollees, by coordinating the authorization of post-acute care needs (e.g. home health, durable medical equipment, rehabilitation) with the appropriate provider as needed by Care Manager
- Facilitate authorization of other services, as appropriate
- Complete work within required timeframes to achieve the goals established for the enrollee/family.
- Ensure that all services are offered in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
- Ensure that all needed accommodations are consistently made for members with disabilities.
- Use ACO care management tools and technology
- Understand the relationship between work done in the ACO’s system and the work done in the FQHC’s EHR. Ensure that workflows are optimized to recognize and support both the ACO’s system and the FQHC’s EHR.
- Use information about data trends for self-directed learning and performance improvement
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should a health center emergency arise.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree, preferred – can substitute with work experience
- 2 years progressive responsibility
- Medical Terminology required
- Coding experience with CPT’s and ICD-9 codes
- Medical Assistant certification
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, ability to positively influence others with respect and compassion
- Fluency in a non-English language
- Strong work ethic built on a foundation of proactivity and teamwork
- Ability to navigate ambiguity with the aid of structured problem solving techniques
- Committed to the practice of inquiry and listening
- Flexible work schedule – may need to work evenings/ occasional weekends to provide enrollee access and/ or follow up
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- We are looking for team members who possess high energy, a strong work ethic, integrity, who are kind and empathetic, have a sense of humor, and who enjoy working for a collaborative, team oriented system
- The essential duties of this position may present risk of exposure to airborne infection, body fluids, and blood borne pathogens.
- Annual BBP Training is required.
- Up to date immunization and annual TB testing is required.
- Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID # 17-155