April 29, 2020
Testing is available for COVID-19 at LCHC by appointment. Call 781-581-3900 if you think you or a family member may have COVID-19. Over the phone, we will conduct a quick screening for symptoms, and if indicated, complete registration and schedule a COVID-19 testing appointment.
April 7, 2020
The Baker-Polito Administration has launched a new online resource for residents to check their symptoms and connect with the appropriate health care resource. This is a free for Mass residents. This tool, designed by Buoy Health, does not replace emergency medical care, but it may be used as a support for residents during the COVID-19 outbreak to connect them with appropriate health care resources if they display coronavirus symptoms.
April 3, 2020
LCHC and North Shore Medical Center made a joint statement about what the public can do to ensure that the hospital and health center do not become overwhelmed during the COVID19 crisis. It emphasizes calling your doctor’s office when you are sick instead of coming in and urging people to not use the ER unless they are in severe distress or having a life-threatening emergency. We are hoping you will help us publicize this information.
April 1, 2020
During the COVID-19 crisis it important that you maintain connections with your medical and behavioral health providers. We offer telephone and video services you can access from home. This is a safe and convenient alternative for many types of office visits. Call 781-581-3900 if you need to make an appointment.
March 25, 2020
- Our Eye Clinic is open for business - please call 781-595-1350 to speak with one of our doctors. We can help many patients over the phone. The doctor will decide if you need to be seen in person after the phone call.
- Our WIC offices are closed to the public, but our WIC staff are available by phone. Please call 781-599-7290 for WIC assistance.
March 24, 2020
To limit traffic in and out of our buildings, LCHC is not currently accepting walk-in requests for paperwork.
- For a letter from your provider – 781-581-3900
- For a billing issue – 781-596-2502 x2723
- For medical records – 781-586-6659
- For enrollment – 781-586-6541 or 781-586-6540
March 23, 2020
The Pediatric department of the Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) is temporarily relocating to a different site: Market Square/Western Avenue Family Health Services. The site will be dedicated to seeing any child who is appropriate for an in-person visit.
The Health center is asking all families to call 781-581-3900 before coming in, especially if your child is having any of the following symptoms: cold symptoms (runny nose, sore throat), fever, cough, shortness of breath. We are offering same day telehealth visits with pediatricians and pediatric Nurse Practitioners. If your concern cannot be addressed remotely, you will be offered an in-person visit. Families asked to come in for an in-person visit should go to the entrance of 29 Market Square where they will be screened before being directed to their appointment. Anyone screening as higher risk will be directed to the 269 Union Street clinic for evaluation.
March 19, 2020
- LCHC is limiting visitors to limit potential exposure to Coronavirus. For the safety of both our patients and our staff, the Medical Records Department is no longer accepting walk -ins or allowing pick ups for Release of Information. If you have questions or need to request your medical records please call our direct line 781-586-6659 for assistance. Thank you for your patience during this difficult time. You can still download the Medical Records Request Form and submit via mail (Medical Records Department, Lynn Community Health Center, 269 Union Street, Lynn, MA 01901) or fax (781-598-8136).
- LCHC Dental Clinic is still open for emergency care, including extractions. If you have urgent dental needs call 781-581-9832.
March 17, 2020
Lynn Community Health Center this week will begin offering telephonic visits for patients with non-urgent medical appointments, including both medical and behavioral health appointments. Many patients will soon receive a phone call asking if they would prefer with a telephone encounter rather than and in-person visit. Learn more.
March 16, 2020
LCHC is still open for business, although some appointments have been cancelled. If you have an appointment today and have not heard from your provider that it has been cancelled you can still come to LCHC to be seen. All patients coming to 269 should come to the Union Street entrance to be screened. Patients screening positive for Coronavirus will be seen in a separate area of the health center.
The City of Lynn has updated its website following recent announcements by Governor Baker.
March 14, 2020
Starting on Monday, March 16 we will begin cancelling some appoinments and increasing screening at our 269 and 280 Union Street locations. Learn more.
March 13, 2020
March 11, 2020
We are asking all patients of LCHC to Call 781-581-3900 if you suspect you may have Coronavirus BEFORE visiting any of our locations. You will be instructed by your provider what you should do.
March 6, 2020
Lynn Community Health Center is closely monitoring the COVID-19 Coronavirus situation and is working closely with the City of Lynn to respond. Dr. Geoff Pechinky, Chief Medical Officer, talks to the Lynn Item about our response.
March 5, 2020
Lynn Community Health Center is closely monitoring the COVID-19 Coronavirus situation in the United States and are following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are committed to educating those in our community about this virus. Here are some frequently asked questions based on information from the CDC.