The PASS Manager is a key member of the health center’s leadership team. The PASS Manager will maintain and improve processes to ensure LCHC is providing the highest quality care and customer service to patients. Under the direction of the Director of Patient Access Support Services, PASS Manager for Central Registration and Contact Center is responsible for the daily, multidisciplinary operations of registration and appointment functions in Central Registration, Urgent Care, on the Care Teams at 269 and 280 Union Street, and for overseeing the Contact Center staff and operations. Such operations include planning and organizing the work of support staff, coordinating and prioritizing work flows, and developing and implementing appropriate systems, procedures, etc. Ideal candidates should be able to actively problem-solve, think creatively, and be able communicate and engage with a broad range of stakeholders.
Personnel Management and Fiscal Awareness
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities and has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: interviewing, hiring, staffing, termination, corrective action.
- Holds staff responsible for meeting standards and goals. Identifies problems and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Completes performance reviews.
- In coordination with operational leadership, manage staffing levels (i.e. personnel cost), non-personnel spending, productivity and quality metrics.
- Assist leadership in evaluating existing programs and in developing new ones.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements including The JC, HRSA, HPAA, DPH, and OSHA.
Team Management and Flow
- In collaboration with the Central Registration Supervisor coordinates and oversees the daily operations and flow of work, manage work schedules / assignments and coverage for the reception staff in Central Registration, Care Teams, and Urgent Care.
- Manages staff and all functions of the Contact Center.
- Sets up new employee profiles in PureCloud, and/or adjusts permissions accordingly.
- Works with Central Registration Supervisor and the Contact Center staff to troubleshoot problems and prioritize tasks, while ensuring that staff follow proper medical and behavioral health scheduling guidelines, verify and update demographic, verify insurances and collect all relevant authorizations.
- In collaboration with Practice Managers coordinates cross-functional activities, trainings and coverage for registration areas on the teams.
- In collaboration with Operations Manager schedules and facilitates EPIC training for new hires, as well as presentations on EPIC updates.
- In collaboration with Operations Manager creates and edits EPIC templates accordingly.
- Utilizes patient panel reports and effectively communicates with clinical and administrative staff to improve patient access to care.
- Works with other area Directors/Managers/Supervisors on workflows and scheduling guidelines (including Urgent Care, Lab, and other offsite clinics).
- Meets with Practice Managers and Teams’ leadership to obtain feedback on the daily support provided by Central Registration and Contact Center, and to propose/introduce new flows benefiting the teams.
- Responds to urgent situations in a professional manner, while addressing and reporting any issues to the Director and/or the appropriate LCHC management staff
- Provides continuous customer service training to patient-facing staff. Focus on telephone etiquette, creating a positive first impression and managing the patient perception.
- Proactively acts to continuously improve customer satisfaction while monitoring customer satisfaction survey results.
- Serves as a key first line manager for patient complaints; handles complaints, identifies system or personnel issues, fosters communication to resolve identified issues, and reports them accordingly. Responds to Quantros reports to assure appropriate intervention, follow up and documentation.
Project Management, Quality Improvement, and Leadership
- Collaborates with Practice Managers, Referral Manager and other PASS leadership to cross-train staff and implement quality improvement projects.
- Leads improvement projects within the health center that involve both operational and clinical processes/systems aimed to most effectively meet the needs of our patients.
- Participates in developing workflows, standardized work, process analysis, measurement plans, test plans, implementation strategies, and change management plans.
- Monitors metrics and facilitates improvement activities in collaboration with LCHC leadership.
- Assist in the organizational efforts to ‘create a problem-solving culture’ through the application of Lean thinking and practice.
- Assist in the annual and ongoing planning process to ensure team priorities align with the annual clinical and operational priorities and ultimately with the organization’s strategic plan. Establish processes by which progress is monitored throughout the year.
- Foster a highly collaborative atmosphere. Bring stakeholders together to collaborate and solve problems within and across teams. Manage conflict for effective team work.
- Lead regularly scheduled team meetings. Maintains minutes for each meeting.
- Attends and participates in all required meetings, such as weekly staff meetings, Access and PASS meetings, Quality Improvement meetings, monthly senior management meetings, telephone or in-person meetings with other facilities, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the PASS Director.
- Associates degree in healthcare/business management and/or equivalent administrative experience in health programs combination of education or experience preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience with health care operations required
- Supervisory or lead experience, preferred
- Experience in continuous improvement leading, implementing, and sustaining change initiatives, preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.