The Operations Manager provides leadership, ongoing development, and performance improvement in operational performance in the domains of practice management and registration. He/she works closely with the Chief Operations Officer (COO), Directors of Operations, including departmental directors and the Director of PASS, as well as LCHC practice managers and supervisors, to assure optimized workflow and exceptional customer service.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic health information.
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring that LCHC’s Behavioral Health and SBHC departments adopt practice management “best practices” available through the OCHIN collaborative.
- Responsible for staying abreast of Epic enhancements and working collaboratively with OCHIN to ensure LCHC adopts appropriate practice management functionality.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with Directors and Practice Managers to ensure optimal Epic work flows that ensure the right work is matched to the right person in Epic, and to reduce duplication of work.
- Responsible for continuous performance improvement in practice management to reduce errors, increase accuracy, and improve the patient and employee experience with the PASS team.
- Promote and lead inter-departmental collaboration to ensure cross training and adoption of Epic best practices across the health center.
- With Human Resources, develop and maintain a comprehensive training program for ambassador and registration staff, including customer service, HIPAA, Epic, insurance, and collections.
- With Human Resources, develop and maintain a comprehensive set of competencies for ambassador and registration staff.
- With Clinical Decision Support (CDS) enhance, further develop, and maintain a dashboard representing practice management metrics.
- With the Chief Behavioral Health Officer (CBHO) and COO, develop goals and performance improvement plans for practice management.
- With the CBHO and COO, analyze practice management specific patient experience survey data to provide feedback to staff, drive performance improvement, and perform service recovery where needed.
- With the CBHO, COO, and the Chief or Human Resources (CHRO) analyze staffing patterns and staffing rations for practice management. Proposes alternate models that are cost effective while maintaining exceptional customer service.
- With the COO, CDS, and CBHO, co-lead the utilization committee to ensure balanced panels and patient access.
- With the COO and CBHO ensure that BH team leads and Operations Coordinators develop skills appropriate for the needs of their departments.
- With the COO ensure that department practice management schedules are built optimally to ensure full utilization and productivity.
- With the COO ensure adoption of new technologies, including Nemo-Q, cameras, scanners, and patient portal. Lead PI efforts to ensure adoption and improved patient experience.
- With the COO and CBHO, co-lead Scheduling and Templating, to ensure that practice management is keeping up with the needs of the community and the demands for access.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- In order to respond promptly & appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned temporary duties, which differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Epic Practice Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Management or comparable degree.
- Strong Communication, interpersonal, organizational, and secretarial skills essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to help manage projects
- Basic data analytic and presentation skills
- Annual BBP Training is required.
- Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required.
- Annual flu immunization is strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID# 19-212