*This position is funded by the Boston Public Health Commission (Ryan White Part A Grant)*
The responsibilities of the Community Programs Case Manager are to provide quality and comprehensive case management services to individuals living with HIV/AIDS following the BPHC Standards of Care. He/she participates in a team approach by linking clients to care at Lynn Community Health Center and other agencies.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish rapport with client to provide professional, caring and safe environment for client during case management session. Complete intake forms that meet the requirements of the BPHC/DPH standards of care.
- Ensure that all pertinent data and information is properly documented in client files per the BPHC Standards of Care for HIV/AIDS Services.
- Provide direct case management at LCHC and at Cornerstone Wellness Center, concerning medical, housing benefits, and other issues as required.
- Participate in team approach to patient care by linking patients to medical, Behavioral, dental and/ or vision care at Lynn Community Health Center.
- Work closely with nurse case managers to obtain medical care and services the client needs. Meet client at the medical visit when requested by patient or provider.
- Collaborate and receive clinical supervision from the Licensed Social Worker regarding management of client’s social services.
- Accompany clients to Cornerstone Wellness Center and/or other agencies to facilitate the client’s care. On occasion, make a home visit with another Lynn Community Health Center professional.
- Provide information and link clients with available community resources. Attend multidisciplinary meetings with LCHC staff and other agencies regarding clients that are case managed.
- Document all personal and phone contacts with clients and the length of each contact for utilization reports for the funder(s).
- Ensure that all action taken with each patient’s social or medical issue is properly documented in the client’s case management chart and/or EHR.
- Ensure that information regarding client’s rights, client confidentiality, and client grievance policies are fully understood by the new clients.
- Submit outcome measurement reports to Boston Public Health Commission through supervisor, twice per year.
- Attends department meetings, LCHC meetings as well as BPHC meetings as required.
- Other duties as necessary related to the support and care of HIV clients.
Grant supported responsibilities:
- Maintain client records as required by Boston Public Health Commission.
- Ensure that information regarding client rights, client confidentiality and client grievances is fully understood by the new clients.
- Demonstrate an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilize the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handle or seek support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that, in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned duties, which differ from those in the job description or may be assigned temporarily to a different location.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should health center emergency arise.
- Bi-weekly with the Assistant Director of Community Programs for Administrative Services for administrative supervision and with the Licensed Social Worker for clinical supervision.
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude
- BS in Social Services field preferred, or at least 2 years experience with HIV or underserved populations.
- Employee must attend DPH required Case Management, within 6 months of employment and will be required to attend a minimum of 20 hours of advanced HIV training each year thereafter.
- Bilingual preferred.
- The essential job duties of this position present risk of exposure to body fluids and blood borne pathogens. Annual attendance at LCHC blood borne pathogen training is required.
- Hepatitis B vaccine is strongly recommended and available at no charge at the Health Center. Declination must be signed if this vaccine is declined.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID # 20-010