Under the direction of the Senior Director of External Relations and Strategic Communication, the Grants manager is responsible for developing and implementing systems for preparation of appropriate budgets for grant and contract supported programs at the health center, preparing financial reports, budget and contract amendments for new and existing funding sources, collaboration with program leaders to assure the timely submission of program and financial information as required by funding sources. The Grants Manger keeps track of the reporting requirements of all grants, communicating deadlines and milestones to the appropriate manager and executive sponsor.Identification of new grants in concert with the grant writer and shepherding of the application.
The Grants Manager collaborates with program leaders when additional funding sources are identified.
Ability to deal with the financial information in a professional and confidential manner. Must be comfortable developing and presenting financial and grant requirement information and program data to staff, middle managers and senior management.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for establishing grant related revenue, expense and capital budgets (in collaboration with programs leaders) and for monitoring budget performance.
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budget and contract amendments for new and existing funding sources as required.
- Responsible for tracking reporting requirements and communicating submission deadlines to appropriate managers and executive team sponsors.
- Provides administrative support to the CFO and CEO in developing systems for collecting program information as required for all government and regulatory reporting, including all government and private grants and contracts.
- Collaborates effectively with program leaders in developing budgets that meet grant and program requirements and in collecting program information to meet all grant and contract requirements.
- Collaborates effectively with program leaders when additional sources of grant funding are identified.
- Gathers data (using the Electronic Health Record, Practice Management, accounting or payroll systems in place at the health center as well as internal database and expertise and integrating public health data available from governmental agencies) to support grant writing and reporting efforts by program leaders.
- Collaborates closely with the CEO and the grant writers during the application period.
- Works with the Analytics team on data needs and participates in the development in the Business Intelligence software.
- Manages requirements in the Federal Electronic Handbook system on Grant applications, Scope additions and changes, and all reporting requirements.
- Graduation from a college or university with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. A degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration with related experience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with computer systems and Microsoft software applications required. Work experience with a program such as Excel strongly preferred
- Two year’s administrative experience in budgeting, financial reporting, community health programs or any equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Demonstrated effective collaboration capabilities.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the client population.
- Must have good organization skills, detailed oriented and work within deadlines.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID# 22-011