The Nurse and MA Staff Developer orients and provides clinical skills training to all medical assistants (MA) and nursing staff to ensure a standard of competence consistent with Lynn Community Health Center’s (LCHC) job performance expectations. The Staff Developer works collaboratively with Nurse Managers, Lead MAs, Providers, the Lab Supervisor, and Human Resources in providing and updating nurse and MA training, and providing necessary documentation for the personnel record.
The Staff Developer will participate in LCHC community outreach efforts, as appropriate and as assigned. This may include serving as a health consultant for the Lynn Public Schools, local day care centers, after school program, day camps or other community related organizations; providing such services as programmatic consultation, preparation and review of health related policies and documentation, or participating in health screenings, health education programs or counseling at health fairs.
The essential duties of this position present risk of exposure to airborne infection, body fluids, and bloodborne pathogens. Annual BBP training is required. Up to date immunizations and annual TB testing is required. Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center. A Declination form must be signed if the Hepatis B or other recommended vaccines are declined.
Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of patient care, including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review resumes, interview, and assess competence (Vital signs and language skill) and check references of MA candidates prior to hiring.=
- Assure that the MA/Nurse orientee completes all tasks listed on orientation checklist in a timely fashion and returns to HR department.
- Provide in-service education and competency testing on pertinent clinical procedures.
- Address patient confidentiality, use of EPIC, Physician Gateway, ethics and charting requirements with each orientee. (Nursing and Medical Assistants)
- Collaborate with Nurse Managers, Lead MAs, providers and other pertinent staff to determine need for educational prompting/re-education.
- Maintain competency checklists and timetables for all MA and nursing staff, providing copies to the HR department for inclusion in the individual’s personnel file, upon request.
- Establish and oversee POCT system, utilizing Nurse Managers and MAs, as appropriate.
- Design and implement orientation program for new MAs/nursing staff, including competency assessment and policy awareness for each orientee.
- Educate staff to requirements of PCMHI/NCQA/Meaningful Use.
- Participate in quality improvement activities.
- May perform medical records reviews to assess staff compliance with documentation standards
- Training on managed care principles, department policies and procedures, and work processes.
- May assist in the preparation of required documentation and participate in the design and preparation of all compliance related documentation.
- Support the identification and implementation of health center quality improvement initiatives including the analysis of data, defined interventions, monitoring intervention roll out, and re-measurement of key metrics.
- After 30 days of hiring, provide a recommendation of retention, extension of orientation, probation or termination for each orientee. All recommendations will be based on competencies, performance, attendance, work attitude etc. and will be implemented by to the Director of Clinical and Nursing Services or the Associate Director of Nursing.
- Maintain own clinical competence and familiarity with Joint Commission updated requirements.
- Periodically update orientation and in-service activities.
- Nurse with Massachusetts License
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude
- Strong organizational and communication skills and understanding of team flow issues
- Clinical or classroom experience in in-service education, staff development and/or supervisory experience preferred
- 5 years experience in Public/Community health setting with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
JOB POSTING ID: 20-152