Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant is responsible for the health care, treatment and education of patients within the scope of the NP’s /PA’S knowledge and skill, and always under the supervision of a physician.
Participates in LCH community outreach efforts, as appropriate and as assigned. This may include serving as a health consultant for the Lynn Public Schools, local day care centers, after school program, day camps or other community organizations, providing such services as programmatic consultation, preparation/review of health-related policies and documentation, and other health care related consultation, or participating in health screenings, health education programs or counseling at health fairs and other similar community events
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic information.
- Treat all patients in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the clinical setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an NP:
Conducts history and physical exams and renders well care.
Conducts appropriate sick care and renders diagnosis and treatment as indicated.
Refers seriously ill patients to the physician or hospital as deemed necessary.
Performs emergency treatment in case of serious illness or injury.
Provides appropriate health teaching to patients and their families.
Maintains appropriate contact with community resources.
Participates in regular medical conferences as scheduled.
Participates in continuing education on an ongoing basis.
Maintains and updates protocols.
Maintains appropriate medical records on all patients.
Provider adheres to all LCHC Policies and Procedures.
As a PA:
Provides patient care and treatment under physician supervision in accordance with established protocols.
Assesses patient health status by obtaining complete medical history and ensures that findings are properly recorded in patient’s medical records.
Performs physical examinations, orders laboratory tests, and analyzes results.
Diagnoses illness or health needs based on analysis and evaluation of clinical data collected, and prescribes treatment as indicated.
Performs emergency treatment in cases of serious illness or injury.
Provides consultation to nurses who triage patient telephone calls and walk-ins.
Refers patients for specialty services.
May concentrate in such medical specialties as pediatrics,obstetrics/gynecology, internal medicine,family practice, etc.
Working with other staff, plans, develops and evaluates new patient care and community health programs and policies.
Participates in community health center quality assurance activities.
Maintains and enhances professional knowledge of theory and practice by attending conferences,educational programs and seminars.
Attends and participates in medical staff meetings and department meetings.
Gives Team Leader(s) timely notice of leave request in accordance with health center policies.
Performs other related duties as requested or assigned.
- Clinical supervision from staff physicians.
- Administrative supervision by Team Leader.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of culture by successfully completing the on-line training on Cultural Competence.
- Utilizes an appreciation of and respect for diversity when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Responds appropriately or seeks support when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts.
- Is aware that in order to respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies, any staff member may be assigned duties that differ from those in the job description, or may be assigned temporarily to a different location or schedule.
- Understands that all staff should have a Personal Emergency Plan in place to best respond to his/her job responsibilities should health center emergency arise.
- CPR certification
- Bilingual preferred.
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude
As an NP:
- Must be a registered nurse as well as a certified nurse practitioner with extended practice license in the State of Massachusetts.
As a PA:
- Position requires a bachelors degree and successful completion of two-year accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Current license and registration with the Massachusetts Division of Registration of Physician Assistants
The essential duties of this position present risk of exposure to airborne infection, body fluids, and blood-borne pathogen. Annual BBP Training is required. Up to date immunization and annual TB testing is required. Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center. A Declination form must be signed if the Hepatitis B or other recommended vaccines are declined.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID 19-128 (Primary Care); 19-196 (PT 9 hrs on Urgent Care); 19-231 (Primary Care)