Nurse Practitioner/ Physican Assistant is responsible for the health care, treatment and education of patients within the scope of the NP’s knowledge and skill, and always under the supervision of a physician.Participates in LCH community outreach efforts This may include serving as a health consultant for the Lynn Public Schools, local day care centers, after school program, day camps or other community organizations, providing such services as programmatic consultation, preparation/review of health-related policies and documentation, and other health care related consultation, or participating in health screenings, health education programs or counseling at health fairs and other similar community events
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides comprehensive, high quality episodic and/or recuperative care at the RCC, outreach clinic at My Brothers Table and perform street outreach with the medical team.
- May work at soup kitchen based clinic, respite facility or on street-based outreach based on program needs
- Elicit an appropriate history, perform physical examinations, order diagnostic studies, interpret results and initiate therapy in accordance with the Guidelines for Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners of Lynn Community Health Center
- Refer patients as appropriate to medical specialists, hospital admission, recuperative care and detox facilities, providing appropriate information for continuity of care
- Participate in collaborative relationship with LCHC physician according to the Regulations of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Provide education to patients on health promotion and disease treatment and prevention
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary team in caring for patients
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Registered or eligible to be registered with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Federal Drug Enforcement Agency
- Willingness to obtain X waiver for prescribing Buprenorphine
- Bilingual preferred
- Experience in working with underserved populations, mentally ill, homeless and/or persons with substance use disorders preferred
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.