The Reception/Appointment Clerk will accurately perform activities related to the smooth functioning of the Patient Access Support Services Department. He/She is responsible for greeting patients in a friendly and professional manner and helping them to receive the services they need. For patients with appointments, duties include completing initial registration, updating demographic and insurance information at every encounter, generating encounter forms, and alerting clinical staff that the patient is ready. For patients without appointments, ensure that they are able to speak with appropriate clinical staff. He/She is also responsible for answering telephones, taking accurate and complete messages, and helping callers to get the correct information they need. He/She is responsible for making telephone and in-person appointments for patients. The Reception Clerk is also responsible for identifying patient correspondence, sorting and identifying mail and faxes and routing paperwork to the appropriate staff member for action.
- Respect and maintain patient confidentiality in all aspects of care including use of electronic health information.
- Treat all patients and fellow staff in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism by appropriate attire, attendance, attitude, and behavior within the department setting.
- Contribute to the team effort by supporting all team members and maintaining an open and positive attitude.
- Welcome new employees and students to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them, as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule appointments via EMR.
- Verify and update demographic and insurance data in the computer.
- Greet and process patients, with an emphasis on positive customer service.
- Answer phones, take accurate complete messages, and deliver promptly.
- Assist patients with insurance problems/questions with the assistance of enrollment staff
- Continually monitor appointment schedule, acknowledge appointments, and change appointment status as needed.
- Monitor Waiting Room to ensure patients are being taken care of in a timely manner.
- Assist with sorting and distributing mail and faxes.
- Assist with organizing forms/documents for scanning/faxing.
- Welcome new receptionists/appt. clerks to the team by assisting with their orientation to the team and mentoring them as requeste
- Other duties deemed necessary or appropriate by Supervisor to ensure efficient flow of patients through the health center.
- Attends monthly department meetings.
Work Plan Job Responsibilities:
Screening duties include screening all patients and visitors for symptoms of, or exposure to, COVID-19, and taking and documenting patient and visitor temperatures. Wayfinding duties include directing patients and visitors to the correct team or waiting area for their appointment or test.
- Take the temperature of patients and visitors to LCHC
- Ask patients and visitors the COVID-19 screening questions to identify any symptoms or exposure
- Document responses on standard form
- Direct patients and visitors to correct location based on responses and reason for visit
- Greets patients or visitors to clinical sites, including COVID-19 testing site(s)
- Guides patients to correct waiting area, line, or team for their need
- Monitors lines and waiting areas to ensure that social distancing is maintained
- Answers questions and provides wait time updates
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients of diverse ethnicity.
- Pleasant telephone manner; good memory and patience.
- Ability to be courteous, efficient, effective, and patient under hectic circumstances.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish/Khmer and English preferred.
Previous receptionist and/or secretarial assistant experience in a medical practice setting preferred.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Posting ID: 20-166 (Eye Clinic), 21-005-(PASS), 21-006 (Temp/PASS)