The OB/GYN Registered Nurse provides patient care within the ambulatory setting, utilizing assessment and teaching skills, & to assure the provision of accessible, safe and confidential reproductive healthcare for LCHC patients. The RN tracks patients at risk, collaborates with providers, performs POC treatments, administers medications/immunizations, and responds to the health education needs of patients. The RN provides information and direction to support the Team staff to assure clinic flow and that patient needs are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Triage OB/GYN patients who present either as walk ins or by phone to determine urgency and level of care needed , assuring appropriate care disposition.
- Provide obstetrical case management to LCHC patients . Coordinates perinatal through post partum care with other LCHC providers and with public and private agencies that provide health care and social services.
- Collaborate and coach OB case workers to assure consistent provision of app perinatal and post partum care/ education and support services.
- Participate in training and monitoring of OB case workers.
- Collaborate with Nurse Coordinator, Providers and Team to improve clinic flow, patient satisfaction, clinical care, and staff morale.
- Communicate pertinent abnormal test results to provider. Track & follow up necessary results and document appropriately. Assure DPH is notified of reportable diseases.
- Perform Health Assessment activities and provide health education to patients regarding pertinent clinical conditions, treatments, follow up, medications (including actions, side effects & regime) as directed by provider.
- In the absence of the Nurse Coordinator, assign Clinical Assistants daily work, monitor clinic
- flow and provide emergency case management as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned such as NST, pregnancy testing, family planning, medication administration or assisting providers.
- Completes the “introduction to Fetal Heart Monitoring” online course by the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) within 1 year of start date.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program and current Mass. Licensure.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Khmer)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a medical office setting preferred
- Previous Community Health or Ambulatory Experience preferred in Women’s Health and/ or OB preferred
- Experience with diverse populations is a plus
- CPR Certification
- History of good attendance and positive work attitude
- The essential duties of this position present risk of exposure to airborne infection, body fluids and blood-borne pathogen. Annual BBP Training is required. Up to date immunization and annual TB testing is required. Hepatitis B vaccine and annual flu immunization are strongly recommended. All necessary vaccines are available at no charge at the health center. A Declination form must be signed if the Hepatitis B or other recommended vaccines are declined.
- Results of inquiry to Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI) must be acceptable under health center standards.
- Participate in LCH community outreach efforts, as appropriate and as assigned. This may include serving as a health consultant for the Lynn Public Schools, local day care centers, after school program, day camps or other community organizations, providing such services as programmatic consultation, preparation/review of health-related policies and documentation, and other health care related consultation, or participating in health screenings, health education programs or counseling at health fairs and other similar community events.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
JOB POSTING: 21-179 (Part Time 20 hours)