Connery Elementary School
Please note: Part Time 30 hours per week
The School Based Health Center (SBHC) Office Coordinator is responsible for supporting the routine daily activities and functions of the SBHC. The Office Coordinator assists the Behavioral Health clinician(s)and Medical Provider (s) in all aspects of coordinating students’ medical and mental health care. The SBHC Office Coordinator is primarily responsible for scheduling student appointments for medical, behavioral health, and psychopharmacology providers; organizing and maintaining record keeping data collection systems, including patient registration and parental consent forms; identifying and updating insurance coverage status and demographic information at each patient visit; and completing medical and behavioral health referrals. The SBHC Office Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and organizing the flow of students in and out of the SBHC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for coordinating daily activities and functions of the Integrated SBHC including all Behavioral Health and Medical tasks.
- Organize and maintain record keeping data collection systems, including patient registration forms, encounter forms, and provider’s notes; maintain and organize all files.
- Schedule student appointments for both medical and Behavioral Health.
- Answer phones.
- Assist SBHC Site manager and other staff clinicians with promoting clinic services and assuring necessary communication among LCHC, Lynn Public School students, staff, nurses, parents, as well as the other SBHC staff.
- Monitor and facilitate patient flow, to assure efficiency for patients and providers for both medical and Behavioral Health services. Maintain order and discipline in the SBHC.
- Order and restock clinic supplies. (Office supplies are the responsibility of the Office Coordinator. Clinic medical supplies and Behavioral Health supplies are the responsibility of the providers who may request the assistance of the Office Coordinator as needed).
- Report pertinent patient observations to the appropriate provider.
- Participate in patient care conferences.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with LCHC Confidentiality Policy.
- Contribute to program planning and evaluation.
- Attend relevant / required DPH and other trainings.
- Perform word processing and data entry duties as needed. Prepare reports for DPH, LCHC, and SBHC.
- Talk with students briefly regarding their chief complaint/reason for visit. Relay this information to the Behavioral Health provider or Nurse Practitioner. If the student seems to require urgent assessment, employee must notify the appropriate provider so that an urgent assessment can be done by the provider. Employee may also elect to refer student to school nurse.
- Assist Behavioral Health and Medical Provider with follow up of students regarding missed appointments, repeat lab tests, referrals, insurance information, notes to teachers, reminders of appointments, and other duties as assigned by Medical or Behavioral Health Provider.
- Interact with students to build confidence and trust in services available at the SBHC and LCHC.
- Transport Lab samples to/from SBHC and LCHC.
- Processes interoffice and outside mail by transporting mail to/from SBHC and LCHC.
- Update and prepare SBHC forms and notices as needed.
- Assist and refer students without insurance to enrollment coordinators at LCHC or school nurse.
- If employee is certified by the Health Center to serve as a language interpreter, the Office Coordinator will assist all SBHC staff with interpreter services as needed. If the employee is concerned about interpreting information of a traumatic or stressful nature, additional training from the Behavioral Health Dept will be offered to the employee, so that the employee can feel adequately prepared and comfortable discussing the content of the material while interpreting. Interpreter services utilized in the SBHC should not be of an unreasonable length (beyond 30 minutes) so that the Office Coordinator can complete his/her other duties. Additionally the SBHC staff must take into consideration the Office Coordinator’s schedule (start and end time) when seeking Office Coordinator support for interpreting.
- Assist other SBHC Office Coordinators at other sites when able and if necessary with all tasks above. If one SBHC requires coverage (Office Coordinator out/off), the PASS Supervisor will cover the site that requires coverage when necessary. If a second Office Coordinator is also off, all Office Coordinators will cover the site that requires coverage on a rotating schedule that is based on seniority.
- Register patients using EPM (Electronic Management System)/other electronic system utilized.
- Process address changes/demographic information prior to each patient encounter.
- Complete medical referrals and referral communication.
- Identify and update insurance coverage status and information on patient record at each clinical encounter for both medical and Behavioral Health providers.
- Follow Behavioral Health protocol regarding notification and processing of new intakes and/or changes in patient’s demographics and/or insurance.
- Assist patients with completion of confidential care paperwork when necessary. Process all confidential care applications as per LCHC policy.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer service principles by successfully completing on-line Customer Service training.
- Utilizes the principles of customer service when interacting with patients/clients, team members and staff from other departments.
- Appropriately handles or seeks support when customer service breakdowns occur.
- Bilingual in Spanish Required
- History of satisfactory attendance and a positive work attitude.
- Experience with adolescents/children, particularly of the age group of the individual school where employee is working.
- Experience in a Health Care and/or Mental Health setting; familiar with medical records and medical terminology required.
- Computer/typing Skills; Experience with Microsoft office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Third Party Billing, insurance reimbursement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires frequent multitasking; Flexibility.
- Effective Communication skills with multiple disciplines, professionals, and students/parents.
- Excellent organizational skills and social skills.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, detail oriented, and assertive when necessary.
Lynn Community Health Center (LCHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LCHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. LCHC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of LCHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.