Urgent Care is experiencing unexpectedly long wait times today, Tuesday, May 30th. If not medically urgent, we recommend returning tomorrow.
LGBTQIA + Health
LCHC’s mission is providing comprehensive healthcare of the highest quality to everyone in our community, regardless of ability to pay.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to LCHC’s mission to provide excellent, culturally relevant care to patients from a wide variety of backgrounds, and to creating an inclusive environment where differences are valued.
People identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual, and other sexual and gender minorities (LGBTQIA+) experience health inequalities and disparities, and face barriers to receiving knowledgeable, culturally-informed and evidence-based healthcare.
At LCHC, we manage chronic conditions specific to LGBTQIA + identity as well as offering an inclusive and patient-specific approach to preventive care for all. You are always the center of your care team, and your needs and identity are crucial to your care.
What We Offer
- Gender-affirming healthcare, including hormone therapy
- Contraception education and management
- STI/HIV testing, education, prevention, and treatment, including PrEP
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) is a medication for people who do not have HIV, who are at high risk for contracting HIV from sex or injection drug use. PrEP is highly effective at preventing HIV if used as prescribed.
- Mental health services
- Post-surgical care following gender-affirming surgery
- Substance Use Disorder treatment
Gender-Affirming Care at LCHC
With services such as gender-affirming care (including hormone therapy) and post-surgical care following gender-affirming surgery, as well as general healthcare for all regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, LCHC strives to reduce health disparities and barriers to care for our transgender patients.
We believe that everyone deserves to live as their truest self, and deserves access to quality healthcare which honors their identity.
non-conforming individuals were
Access to quality local healthcare is a form of health equity. By providing gender-affirming care on the North Shore, and offering telewellness options for many services, we can support our LGBTQIA+ community.