The information on this page describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed, and how you can access to this information. This information was last revised in 2020 and remains in effect.
Every time you visit Lynn Community Health Center or one of our affiliated locations and are seen by a provider or receive other services, a record is made of that visit. This medical record usually contains your symptoms, examination and test results, diagnosis, treatment, and a plan for future care or treatment. The medical records for the health center are stored on paper or in our electronic medical record system, provided by OCHIN EPIC. As required by Massachusetts General Law, the health center maintains medical records for at least 20 years after the patient’s last treatment date.
Medical information may also be used and stored by other departments in the health center in the regular course of business. This information may be stored on paper or on a computer. The health center may also receive information about your health from other providers or facilities not part of Lynn Community Health Center and store such information with your Lynn Community Health Center medical record. All of this information is considered confidential and is subject to the protections mentioned in this privacy notice.
Your medical information is used for many purposes, including:
- Planning your care and treatment
- Communication among the health care providers who take care of you
- Proving that services billed to your insurance company were actually provided
- Helping improve the quality of care provided to health center patients
- Assisting public health officials in improving the health of the public
- Provided a legal record of the care and treatment you received