A PROGRAM FOR PREGNANT POSTPARTUM AND PARENTING WOMEN AT LYNN COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
The Moms Do Care Program helps pregnant, postpartum and parenting women get medication (like Methadone, Buprenorphine and Naltrexone). We also help with other substance use treatment and recovery services, health care services and social services.
Moms Do Care supports women in their recovery before/after they give birth and through the early years of parenting. We offer case management, counseling, ways to keep custody and parenting groups.
Women who sign up for the program will complete an interview to determine their eligibility, their needs and create a personalized service plan.
To find out more contact The Sunflower Team: 781-691-7176. We are located at 280 Union Street, Lynn.
Who Can Enroll?
If you answer YES to the following questions, you may be able to enroll:
- Are you pregnant, postpartum and/or parenting a child under 36 months? (The child does not need to be in your custody.)
- Age 18 or older?
- Have you used heroin or any prescription opioids without a prescription, been on medication for an opioid use disorder, or have a history of an opioid overdose?
- Would you like assistance with: medication for opioid use, substance use treatment, recovery supports, and other healthcare services?
- Are you wondering where to turn for help?
From our patients:
“The day I found out I was pregnant, I googled suboxone clinics because I knew I had to stop with my baby along the way. I called them up and they had me come in the next day. I started Subutex that day.”
“I’m so grateful that once I had my baby I did not have to retell my story to a pediatrician or another doctor. I get to work with my team who already knows me, and they won’t judge.”
What does the Moms Do Care Program Offer?
Integrated treatment for pregnant and postpartum women with opioid use disorder
Moms Do Care staff include people with lived experience who are in recovery, and people who have been specially trained to work with women who have opioid use issues.
Your services are planned around YOU, and can include:
- An integrated team of medical and behavioral health professionals.
- 1-on-1 and/or group counseling.
- Referrals for physical and mental health care and substance use treatment, including medication, as needed/desired.
- Connections to community-based services, family support programs, housing programs, and more.
- Peer-to-peer support to help you stay in recovery.
Sunflower team treats addiction and nurtures families with support from:
- •Case Management
- Peer Support
…all in the same place.
We care for you!
We will help you every step of the way as you make important life choices for yourself and your baby. After your baby is born and in the early phases of childhood, we will support you to help you and your baby/child stay healthy. We also work with other groups to make sure you and your baby/child get the best care possible.